Patrick Weder Design is contemporary design studio in Brooklyn NY, with a focus on collectable, one-of-a-kind Furniture pieces. The Studio Assistant is responsible for assisting Patrick and the Studio Manager in preparing components by hand and with power tools with a high quality standard within production timelines.
• Produce consistent and high-quality work according to Studio guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
• Provide overtime work when needed.
• Comply with all safety and Company policies.
• Communicate with Patrick and the Studio Manager about low supplies.
• Able to learn quickly by watching and doing; can retain skills and information and build on them.
• Comfortable working with high-end materials that require a great deal of care and concern.
• Clear communicator, able to consistently receive and adjust with feedback.
• Able to wear appropriate protective equipment during work hours and abide by safety policies and guidelines.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated individual who takes responsibility and proactively communicates.
• Some previous woodshop experience with a desire to learn and grow.
• Familiarity with woodworking machines and hand tools.
• Prior experience working with your hands.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Part time : 8hr day, 3 day week, likely leading to full time.
• Longer hours availability as needed.
• Initial skills review will take place 30 days from start date.
• Regular check-ins.
This is a Part Time position offering a competitive salary based on experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based at our Studio in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, NY.
Application Deadline 12/02/2020
Please send your resume in PDF format, In the email tell us in one paragraph why you're interested in this position with the subject line: Studio Assistant - Part Time. Please mention your desired pay rate in your email too.
* oh, and please do not call the Studio.